About Breaking Money SilenceTM
A podcast series aimed at helping all of us talk more openly about money. In April 2018, the Breaking Money Silence podcast was named one of the 9 podcasts that financial advisors love by Investment News.
Money silence as a crippling effort on our society as evidenced by:
- 80% of spouses admitting to hiding purchases from each other
- 70% of families fail to successfully pass down wealth due to discomfort with talking about finances and raising financially fit kids
- 50% of first marriages end in divorce with financial conflict often cited as a leading cause
- 70% of women failing to negotiate their salary with employers, which contributes to the gender wage gap
- 69% of parents feeling more comfortable talking about sex with their teens than investing
KBK Wealth Connection is dedicated to shattering the taboo against talking about money. Whether it’s engaging in a wealth conversation with your partner, your parents, your kids or your boss, this podcast series can help.
Each 20-minute audio interview, hosted by wealth psychology expert and author Kathleen Burns Kingsbury, features a special guest and a money myth that they want to bust wide open. Listen on your commute to and from work, while exercising in the gym, or in the comfort of your own home. Together we can end money silence.
About Kathleen Burns Kingsbury:
Kathleen Burns Kingsbury is a wealth psychology expert, founder of KBK Wealth Connection, and the author of several books including How to Give Financial Advice to Women and How to Give Financial Advice to Couples. She served on the CNBC Digital Financial Advisor Council, is a thought-leader columnist for Investment News and is frequently quoted in publications such as the Wall Street Journal and Reuters. Kathleen is a faculty member of the Certified Private Wealth Advisor program of IMCA and teaches the Psychology of Financial Planning course at the McCallum Graduate School of Business at Bentley University She holds a Master’s Degree in Psychology and an Undergraduate Degree in Finance. For more information, visit www.kbkwealthconnection.com.