About Breaking Money SilenceTM
A podcast series aimed at helping all of us talk more openly about money. In April 2018, the Breaking Money Silence podcast was named one of the 9 podcasts that financial advisors love by Investment News.
Money silence as a crippling effort on our society as evidenced by:
- 80% of spouses admitting to hiding purchases from each other
- 70% of families fail to successfully pass down wealth due to discomfort with talking about finances and raising financially fit kids
- 50% of first marriages end in divorce with financial conflict often cited as a leading cause
- 70% of women failing to negotiate their salary with employers, which contributes to the gender wage gap
- 69% of parents feeling more comfortable talking about sex with their teens than investing
KBK Wealth Connection is dedicated to shattering the taboo against talking about money. Whether it’s engaging in a wealth conversation with your partner, your parents, your kids or your boss, this podcast series can help.
Each 20-minute audio interview, hosted by wealth psychology expert and author Kathleen Burns Kingsbury, features a special guest and a money myth that they want to bust wide open. Listen on your commute to and from work, while exercising in the gym, or in the comfort of your own home. Together we can end money silence.
About Kathleen Burns Kingsbury:
Wealth psychology expert Kathleen Burns Kingsbury, founder of KBK Wealth Connection and host of the Breaking Money Silence® podcast, is an internationally published author and speaker. Breaking Money Silence®: How to Shatter Money Taboos, Talk More Openly about Finances, and Live a Richer Life is Kathleen’s fifth book.
Voted one of the top nine speakers in 2017 by InvestmentNews, Kathleen is a sought-after keynote speaker and consultant. Her mission is to empower women, couples, and families (and the advisors who serve them) to shatter money taboos and communicate more effectively about financial matters.
As an expert on financial psychology, Kathleen has appeared on television and written for consumer and trade publications. Her work has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, PBS News Hour, Money Magazine, TODAY Money, Forbes, and CNBC.